Tips & Care
How to Take Care of Your SnoCaps Trailer Enclosure
Congratulations on the purchase of your SnoCaps Trailer Enclosure! Below you will find cleaning instructions and tips that will help keep your trailer enclosure operating at its peak condition. If you have an older, stitched SnoCap or one in which graphics have been applied, and have lost the care instructions, please contact us for the tips and care specific to their material.
Cleaning Your SnoCaps Trailer Enclosure
Is your SnoCap dirty? Even a little dust and debris should be removed as soon as possible in order to keep your trailer enclosure pristine and ensure it does not age prematurely. After you’re done hauling, follow these step-by-step instructions to properly clean your SnoCap.
- After use, go to the nearest self-service car wash.
- Using the soap function, wash the entire SnoCap. Don’t forget to wash the zipper, velcro, and under any flaps.
- Next, use the foam brush to scrub your SnoCap. Do not be afraid to scrub vigorously – you will not damage the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly, including under the zipper, velcro, and all flaps.
- Now you can use the hot wax function to apply a layer of protective wax to the SnoCap. This will enhance the appearance and aid in future cleanup.
- After finishing the above steps, use a silicone lubricant spray to lubricate the zipper from the inside of the SnoCap. This will allow the zipper to move smoothly.
- At this point, you can apply Tire Black to help maintain the appearance of your SnoCap if you so choose. This step does not need to be done every time you clean your cover, and is not strictly necessary.
Tips for Taking Care of Your SnoCap Trailer Enclosure
A few simple tips can help keep your SnoCaps Trailer Enclosure looking great and lasting for years to come. Please read the instructions below carefully. Improper care of your SnoCaps Trailer Enclosure could result in your warranty being voided.
- While your SnoCaps Trailer Enclosure is made to be stored outside and last many years, try to avoid storing your SnoCaps under any trees. They drop sap and debris that can make your SnoCap’s fabric skin age much faster.
- If your SnoCaps is damaged, do not attempt to repair it without contacting Canvasworks. Oftentimes, the SnoCap is still road safe and will be able to get home without further damage. Unapproved repairs can void the warranty and increase the repair cost. Please see your warranty documentation for more information, or check out our Warranties page.
- Check out our YouTube channel for videos on the proper operation of your SnoCap.
- If you choose to remove the SnoCap from the trailer for the summer, be sure to store it properly. Do not leave the skin rolled up on the ground – mice will use it as a nest. Instead, fold or roll it up, then suspend it from your rafters with a rope. If you leave the SnoCap in one piece and use it as a summer storage shed, make absolutely sure it is staked down very well. Damages caused by improper storage are not covered by warranty.
Please contact Canvasworks if you have any questions or concerns regarding your SnoCap. We are always more than happy to help!